How much does it cost to move from the UK to Portugal?
The price of your removal to Portugal depends on the distance from collection to the delivery address and the volume of your consignment. You can check the exact price using the form on our webpage. Take a glimpse at the prices below for a rough idea of the prices:
- London, UK to Leiria, Portugal is a cost of £2249 for the whole van (15m3);
- The smallest load (5m3) from Edinburgh, UK to Coimbra, Portugal costs £1249;
- Moving 10m3 from Manchester, UK to Porto, Portugal totals £1559.
How long does it take for my belongings to arrive in Portugal?
Usually, it does not take more than 4 days to deliver the goods from the UK to Portugal. However, it depends on the volume of your load, and the vehicle that we use for the transportation. Luton vans do not have any limits, so they can deliver the goods quite fast – even within 3 days. If your load is big, and it requires a lory to transport, it may take 4 days to deliver, as the drivers have working limits.
I’m moving to Portugal. What documents will I need?
The documents that you will need to submit to us include the following:
- The inventory list includes:
– total number of items
– the volume of each item and the total volume (can be an estimate)
– the weight of each item and the total weight (can be an estimate)
– the value of each item and the total value (can be an estimate)
– the statement, that the goods are over 6 months old
– date and handwritten/electronic signature (you can print the list, sign it and send the photos/scan etc.)
- A copy of your passport/ID,
- Proof of the destination address (current bank statements or credit/debit card statements, current utility bills, a rental contract, storage contract etc.),
- Proof of living in the previous address for the last 12 months.
- Here is a list of Valid documents (one of them should be enough):
• Council TAX Bill
• Utility bill showing 12 months old history
• Payslip for the last 12 months
• Job contract
• Tax Return
- Filled in non-cession document
- Filled-in CERFA
We send the forms of the last two documents for you to fill in.
What are the living costs in Portugal compared to the UK?
The average cost of living in Portugal (€986) is 46% less expensive than in the United Kingdom (€1820). The most expensive countries in the world list rank Portugal 69th vs the United Kingdom 16th. However, in the list of best countries to live in the world, Portugal is ranked 41st, whereas the UK – is 6th. The average after-tax salary is enough to cover living expenses for 1 month in Portugal, compared to 1.6 months in the United Kingdom.
Can I move to Portugal with my pet?
Pets brought to Portugal must have a microchip implanted linked to a pet passport. This is the only form of identification acceptable and must be implanted before the rabies vaccination is administered. All pets must have a Rabies Certificate signed by a vet. Pets need to be at least 12 weeks old to be given a rabies vaccination. You will have to wait 21 days before you take your pet to Portugal. Pets can travel to Portugal if they have a current one-year vaccination (a primary vaccine). They can also travel with a 3-year vaccine provided it has been administered less than a year before travel. Where you are coming from an ‘unlisted country’ it will also be necessary for the pet to have a blood test. Pet owners must arrive within five days of their pet, otherwise, it will be treated as a commercial move, which will involve additional costs and different regulations.